Monday, November 29, 1999

Pratyusha Bannerjee is the new Anandi

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Mumbai, July 23 -- I'm sure my beend (husband) will be as handsome as the younger Jagya," says Pratyusha Bannerjee, who stepped into Avika Gor's jootis (shoes) in the Colors show, Balika Vadhu, last night. The actor who will play the grown-up Jagya has reportedly been finalised but is being kept under wraps for now. Not quitting studies "I don't know who I'm being paired with but I am sure he will be fun to work with. I met Avika and Avinash in Jaisalmer when we shot their last sequence together. Both Avinash and Avika call me Pratyusha didi and I think he's very handsome," she laughs, adding that since her grand entry she has been inundated with messages and phone calls. "My granny follows the show closely, now she has one more reason to watch it." Bannerjee was a student of commerce in Jamshedpur when she auditioned for the part. She insists she will not quit studies. She's doing her final year long distance and hopes to graduate next year. "But for now my focus is on Balika Vadhu," she admits. Now, in Rajasthan"I'm in my peehar (mother's home) with maa and bapu (parents Bhairavi Raichura and Chaitanya Adib). From my in-laws' side I've only met Tausa (uncle played by Satyajit Sharma). I'm looking forward to getting together with daadisa (grandmother Surekha Sikri), maasa (mother-in-law Smita Bansal), bapusa (father-in-law Anoop Soni), taisa (aunt Neha Marda), Sugna jiji (sister-in-law Vibha Anand), Shyam bhaiji (brother-in-law Vikrant Massey) and of course, my beend Jagya."

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment